What's Good about Bamboo
What is so good about bamboo for clothing?
- The fabric is luxuriously soft, it has been described as a cross between silk and cashmere.
- The fabric is breathable and thermal regulating, created from the cross sections of fibres.
- It wicks away and absorbs moisture (absorbs up to 4 times as much moisture as cotton). Keeping baby fresh and dry.
- The fabric is hypoallergenic and non-irritating to the skin. The fibres have smooth and round end which reduces irritation, making it especially suitable for eczema babies.
- Bamboo is a sustainable resource.
Is Bamboo antibacterial?
If you think about the bamboo plant, no bugs or insects attack it, therefore it grows without the need for chemical sprays or pesticides, this amazing antibacterial, antifungal agent is referred to as “bamboo kun”. There is currently a debate as to if this property remains in the fabric. Because bamboo is a relatively new fabric further analyses and scientific evidence needs to be produced to conclude this debate.
Is Bamboo eco-friendly?
- Bamboo grows organically, i.e. it grows naturally without the use of pesticides and chemicals.
- It is a sustainable resource. It is one of the fastest growing plants (it grows between 30cm – 1m a day). It can be harvested every 3-4 years It is regenerative and does therefore not require replanting.
- Bamboo produces about 30% more oxygen than an equivalent stand of trees, and absorbs about 5 times the amount of carbon dioxide (a primary greenhouse gas).
- It has an extensive root system which helps prevent soil erosion.
- The bamboo fabric we use has been certified as organic (OCIA International Organic Certification). This means it has been grown without use of chemicals, fertilisers or pesticides.
Where are Snooky garments made?
What about the fabric processing?
Do you have organic certification?
What about the Pandas?
Why mix with organic cotton?
- Are more durable
- Only minimal shrinkage occurs
- Are gentle machine washable
- Holds their shape better
- The fabric still maintains all the benefits of bamboo
Our organic cotton has been independently certified organic by Control Union.
How do I care for my bamboo garments?
Snooky garments can be put in your washing machine. We recommend a gentle machine wash cycle with colours in cold water. Use mild detergent and do not soak or bleach. Low tumble dry. Garments only require a cool iron if desired.